Here it is, the grand finale. It turned out that Des didn’t want 4 tables in addition to the first, but 4 in total, so this is the last one. At least for now.
Once again, similar size and shape to tables 1, 2 & 3, but I had a little creative liberty with the table’s legs. I used Paper to doodle another interlocking design, similar to table #1, and must have had money on my mind, because what came out was the sketch on the right. I didn’t see it until the very end, but the table’s supports look like the dollar sign when seen one way, and like the cent sign after spinning it 90°. So, here you have it – The Dollars & Cents Table 🙂
The two shapes were cut out of 4mm plywood using a fret saw, then sanded and finished with the 408 sanding band and the 932 grinding stone. With my previous mistakes in mind, I erred on the side of caution and cut the slits in the “C” shape a bit too narrow to fit the “S”. They had to be enlarged, with the fret saw blade being used as a file, which is not something I’d recommend to anyone. In the end, however, the two shapes fit together so well and tight, that no glue was needed to hold them together. This was a pleasant change from the sloppy fits of my past pieces.
The same 11cm round table top was glued to the supports with PVA, and this phase of the café’s construction was over.
In the meantime, Mari has begun applying her creative touches to the café’s exterior. Here’s the current setup, with more pictures probably coming soon to her blog: